To work within our Bangkok based studio/multidisciplinary teams on a wide range of retail, commercial, and entertainment projects, medium to large scale, across the greater Far East and Middle East regions. Candidates should possess impressive experience as lead lighting designer, working from initial conceptual stages through to the detailed documentation, project team coordination, site inspection and commissioning for both interior and exterior projects. The successful candidate will possess strong leadership, communication and team work qualities, with professional English communication and presentation skills for both client and team work contexts. You will demonstrate an impressive track record in creative lighting design and be fluent in related technical knowledge of lighting hardware, software, industry suppliers and specification/performance. The Director of Lighting Design will work closely with our architects and interior designers to clarify and respond to project briefs, conceive and present creative solutions, and follow through to the successful completion of the work.
• 10+ years experience in interior/exterior professional lighting design for commercial buildings, hotels, resorts and leisure projects.
• Bachelor and/or Masters Degree in Professional Lighting Design or equivalent.
• Thorough technical knowledge in areas of lighting fixtures and fittings, performance calculations, specifications, circuiting and control, and installation/fixing methods.
• Related background in Architecture/Interior Design, Electrical Engineering, Show/Event /Exhibition Design or similar
• Professional knowledge/experience with sustainable building practice such as LEED, BREEM, Living Building Challenge, WELL Building Standards
• Conversant with general building codes, regulations and submission procedures - ability to coordinate with local engineers/managers accordingly.
• Excellent spoken and written English, organization and time management skills.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, light level calculations and related software, Adobe Suite and MS Office Suite
• Ability to work on multiple projects, under pressure, managing work and resources to meet project deadlines.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a comprehensive portfolio and resume, please include work samples along with your resume and cover letter, stating expected salary and date availability together with a recent photograph to :
Additional Salary Information: Health Insurance, Provident Fund
Internal Number: 3
About Concept-i-Design Ltd.
Concept i is a vibrant international design studio working on exciting projects from Europe to the Middle East and Far East. We specialize in creating state of the art commercial, retail and leisure environments, fusing the skills of our multidisciplinary design teams. We are seeking talented, enthusiastic and energetic people to joining us.